"The small size of ACT Treasury makes it a friendly and enjoyable organisation to work for and allows you to be directly involved in the development and implementation of policy, even in your graduate year. The Graduate Program offers significant training opportunities to enhance your workplace skills, while still allowing you to maintain a good work life balance."
Matthew Smith — Graduate 2010
Bachelor of Commerce/Economics ANU
Investment and Economics Division
The ACT Treasury Graduate Program offers you challenging and diverse career opportunities; exposure to national level policy development; extensive opportunities for interaction with senior ACT Government executives; and formal support and mentoring to assist your career.
Ongoing Training and Development OpportunitiesAs part of the graduate year, a comprehensive twelve month training program is provided which enables graduates to:
- become familiar with the unique functions and makeup of the Territory as a city state;
- understand the nature of our single chamber representative system - the ACT Legislative Assembly;
- develop professional skills in presenting, writing and speaking;
- enhance technical and ICT skills; and
- build on skills associated with policy formulation and development · form professional and social networks with other graduates.
What will successful graduates get out of the Program?
In addition to an annual salary of $58,870* per annum, and a minimum employer-funded superannuation contribution of 9%, 2012 graduates will enjoy:
- permanent appointment upon successful completion of a probation period;
- opportunity to advance to a higher classification upon successful completion of the Program;
- relocation assistance for interstate candidates, including partners and dependents;
- a paid Christmas shutdown period;
- flexible salary packaging;
- four weeks annual leave with leave loading;
- generous personal leave and other leave entitlements;
- ongoing training and development opportunities; and
- a prime central business district location close to the legal and commercial precincts.
Graduates may be eligible for studies assistance, at the discretion of their executive based on Division considerations, for study that relates to their employment.
*The rate of pay is at the base of an Administrative Service Officer Class 4 under the ACTPS Treasury Directorate Enterprise Agreement 2011-2013.